• The first International Conference under the aegis of National Hydrology Project, Union Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation is being organised by Bhakra Beas Management Board (BBMB) during 10-11 December, 2018 at Indian School of Business (ISB), Mohali on the theme ‘Sustainable Water Management’.
• The theme of the Conference deals with promoting integrated and sustainable development and management of Water Resources.
• A number of Experts & Delegates from reputed organisations from both within India and from other countries like Australia, United Kingdom, USA, Spain, Netherlands, Republic of Korea, Canada, Germany, Sri Lanka etc. will be taking part in the event to deliver their experience and expertise in the use of state of art technology to the stakeholders for sustainable development of water resources.
• The participation in the conference is by invitation and more than 400 delegates have been registered.
• About 20 companies and organizations will be putting up stalls in exhibition to show case their activities in the area of sustainable water resources management.
• The aim of the Conference is to foster the participation of and dialogue between various stakeholders, including governments, the scientific and academic communities, so as to promote sustainable policies for water management, to create awareness of water-related problems, motivate commitment at the highest level for their solution and thus promote better management of water resources at local, regional, national and international levels.
Mains Paper 3: Environment | Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, environmental impact assessment
Prelims level: International Conference on Sustainable Water Management
Mains level: India’s dual challenge of water conservation and interventions that can be made to prevent a water crisis