• The ‘World Malaria Day. being observed every year across the world on 25th April to create awareness among the people about this vector-borne disease.
• This year’s global theme for World Malaria Day is “Ready to beat malaria”.
• This theme projects the collective energy and commitment of the global malaria community in uniting around the common goal of a world free of malaria.
• According to World Health Organisation(WHO) around four lakhs, people die of malaria every year in the world.
In India, every year close to one million people suffers from this disease.
• Malaria caused by the falciparum parasite is the most serious and can lead to breathing problems, liver failure, and eventual death.