• The Global Digital Health Partnership is an international collaboration of governments, government agencies and multinational organisations dedicated to improving the health and well-being of their citizens through the best use of evidence-based digital technologies.
• The summit will provide an opportunity to support governments and health system reformers to improve the health and well-being of their citizens through digital technologies.
• Speaking on the occasion, the Health Minister said that Government took Digital health to the world stage by introducing and adopting the World Health Assembly Resolution on Digital Health in Geneva.
• He also expressed hope for tangible outcomes on digital health through this Summit, impacting health care delivery models across the world.
• The Minister added, the entire healthcare system in India and the world is undergoing a rapid transformation.
• Digital Health has great potential towards improvement of delivery of healthcare services.
• Union IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad highlighted various initiatives by the government for use of technology innovations towards digital healthcare.
• He said that India is committed to reaching the last man in the line through digital health interventions and digital inclusion.
• Health Ministry is in the process of establishing an Integrated Health Information Platform for interoperability amongst various health IT systems and a pan-India exchange of Electronic Health Records of citizens ensuring privacy, security, and confidentiality of data.
Mains Paper 2: Governance | Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
Prelims level: About the summit
Mains level: Need of HER in India