• Recently the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has created “7th Guinness Book of World Record”.
• The record was created for implanting ‘Modern Artificial Limbs (Legs)’ on 260 Divyangjans within eight hours.
• It can be noted that the DEPwD has already created Six World Records in other categories.
• This was announced by the Union Minister of Social Justice & Empowerment on the occasion of National Conference on “Deendayal Disabled Rehabilitation Scheme (DDRS)”.
• The Conference was organised by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
• The objective of the conference was to sensitize the stakeholders of the scheme i.e. Programme Implementing Agencies (PIAs), District level officers & State Government officers.
• Recently the second edition of the Indian Sign Language dictionary was launched by Indian Sign Language Research and training Center ( ISLRTC) for the hearing impaired Divyangjans.
Mains Paper 2: International
Prelims level: DEPwD