• The ESI Corporation during its 175th Meeting held yesterday in New Delhi under the Chairmanship of Shri Santosh Kumar Gangwar, Union Minister of State for Labour & Employment(I/C
• It has taken some very important decisions towards improvements in its services and benefits being provided to Insured Persons and their dependants.
• There have seen many changes in employment pattern and the current scenario of employment in India.
• It has transformed from a long term employment to fixed short term engagement in the form of contract and temping.
About Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojna
• The ESI Corporation has approved a Scheme named “ATAL BIMIT VYAKTI KALYAN YOJNA” for Insured Persons (IP) covered under the Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948.
• This scheme is a relief payable in cash directly to their Bank Account in case of unemployment and while they search for new engagement.
• Detailed instructions including eligibility conditions, application format, etc. will be issued separately.
• ESI Corporation has approved the proposal for reimbursement of Rs. 10/- per person to the employers to encourage the seeding of Aadhar (UID) in ESIC database of their workers and their family members.
• It will curtail the multiple registrations of same Insured Persons and thus enable them to avail the benefits requiring longer contributory conditions.
• ESI Corporation has approved the proposal for relaxing the eligibility conditions for availing Super Specialty treatment has now been relaxed from earlier insurable employment of 2 years to 06 months with contribution requirement of only 78 days.
• Besides, the eligibility for availing Super Specialty treatment for dependents of Insured Person has now been relaxed to insurable employment of one year with 156 days of contributions.
• This relaxation will immensely help the Insured Persons and their beneficiaries to avail Super Specialty treatment free of cost as per revised eligibility.
• ESI Corporation has approved the proposal for increasing the Funeral Expenses from existing Rs. 10,000/- to Rs. 15,000/- being paid on the death of Insured Person.
Mains Paper 2: Governance | Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre & States & the performance of these schemes
Prelims level: ABVKY
Mains level: Various initiatives for pensioner’s welfare.