• The Cupboard Committee on Financial Affairs (CCEA) has offered its acceptance for the revamped Eklavya Product Residential Colleges (EMRSs) plan.
• Beneath this, Eklavya Product Residential Schools (EMRSs) will be set up in each individual block exactly where Scheduled Tribes populace is additional than 50% and has at minimum 20,000 tribal persons.
• A budget of Rs. 2,242 crore all through 2018-19 and 2019-20 has been permitted by the Cupboard Committee on Financial Affairs (CCEA) for rolling out this scheme.
• The EMRSs will be operate by an Autonomous Modern society, on the lines of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti. This culture will be under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
• 462 new Eklavya Model Residential Educational facilities (EMRSs) will be established up as 102 EMRSs are previously managing in the state.
• The new plan aims to make improvements to the building high quality and deliver far better facilities for the students.
• The assistance of building value of EMRS has been enhanced from the current Rs. 12 crore to Rs. 20 crore.
About Eklavya Product Household Schools:
• Ekalavya Design Residential University (EMRS) is a central govt scheme for placing up of model household universities for Scheduled Tribes all around India.
• The Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs runs the EMRS scheme in the state.
• The EMRS plan has an aim to boost the literacy amount amid the Tribals of India by imparting top quality education to young children of Scheduled Tribes.
Mains Paper 2: Governance
Prelims level: Eklavya Model Residential Schools
Mains level: Not much