• Delhi Main Minister Arvind Kejriwal on December 5, 2018 launched the ‘Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra Yojana’ which provides free journey packages for senior citizens from Delhi to five religious circuits.
• 1,100 senior citizens from each and every constituency of Delhi will be equipped to avail this facility at a person go.
• Underneath this absolutely free pilgrimage scheme, a Delhi resident higher than 60 several years will be qualified to acquire free pilgrimage along with his or her husband or wife.
• The scheme was accepted by the Delhi Authorities on July 9, 2018.
• Before, the Delhi Cabinet had on January 8, 2018 approved the Earnings Department’s proposal to start out with the Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra Yojana.
Keys facts and figures
• 1100 senior citizens from every single Assembly Constituency would now undertake totally free pilgrimage each and every 12 months, the fees for which will be borne by the federal government.
• A full of 77000 pilgrims will be in a position to avail this facility every 12 months.
• On an typical, the plan will incur a value of Rs 7000 for each pilgrim.
• The pilgrimage length will be of 3 days and 2 nights.
a) Delhi-Mathura-Vrindavan-Agra-fatehpur Sikri-Delhi
d) Delhi-Amritsar-Bagha Border-Anandpur Sahib-Delhi
e) Delhi-Vaishno Devi-Jammu-Delhi
Eligibility for availing of the scheme
• Any resident of Delhi over 60 a long time of age will be eligible for the scheme.
• The applicant can also choose along an attendant above the age of 20 many years, if the he or his partner is over 70 many years. The expenditure of the attendant will also be borne by the Delhi authorities.
• There is no revenue criterion but desire will be presented to those people from economically weaker sections on very first-arrive-very first-serve foundation.
• Staff of central, state and area government or autonomous bodies are not qualified for the plan.
• All those picked for pilgrimage will be protected with an insurance of Rs 1 lakh each individual.
• The applicant will have to give a self-certificate that all information being specified by them is appropriate and they have not availed the scheme in the past.
Mains Paper 2: Governance
Prelims level: Free Pilgrimage Scheme
Mains level: Welfare schemes