• The Panel headed by IIT-Hyderabad chairman B V R Mohan Reddy has proposed All India Council for Technological Education and learning (AICTE) not to let location up of new Engineering colleges from 2020.
Recommendations of the Panel
• The panel headed by B V R Mohan Reddy has created the next tips to the AICTE:
• To halt location up new schools from 2020 and evaluate the generation of new capability every single two decades soon after that.
• No additional seats really should be accepted in traditional engineering places these kinds of as mechanical, electrical, civil and electronics and implies that institutes really should be encouraged to convert recent potential in regular disciplines to rising new systems.
• To introduce undergraduate engineering programmes exclusively for artificial intelligence, blockchain, robotics, quantum computing, knowledge sciences, cybersecurity and 3D printing and design and style.
Why the tips are manufactured?
• The recommendations are owing to the subsequent explanations:
• Recent capability utilisation in conventional disciplines is just 40% as opposed to 60% seat occupancy in branches such as pc science and engineering, aerospace engineering and mechatronics.
• As for every the reviews, there were no takers for 51 for each cent of the 15.5 lakh B.E/B.Tech seats in 3,291 engineering colleges in 2016-17.
• The panel has mentioned that concessions should really be made for applications presently in the pipeline whilst not allowing for new engineering institutes ought to be set up from 2020.
Mains Paper 2: Governance
Prelims level: B V R Mohan Reddy Panel