• Kolkata ranked first in terms of affordability of public transport and 80 per cent of its commuters felt that it was reasonable and affordable.
• Delhi’s transport has been found to be most comfortable, the Ease of Moving Index, 2018, report by Cab aggregator Ola’s mobility institute stated.
• The index covers 20 cities inhabited by approximately 92 million people and was based on a survey of over 43,000 respondents along with secondary data inputs.
• The report revealed that more than 80 per cent of the people in the 20 cities felt that the mobility scenario in their respective cities has improved in the last five years.
• More than 60 per cent people surveyed also said that they used public transport.
Mains Paper 2: Governance
Prelims level: Ease of Moving Index
Mains level: Not Much