Mains Paper 3: Internal Security
Prelims level: Pulwama Attack
Mains level: Role of not state actors in border areas
• Army recruits mainly from the martial races and organises its regiments accordingly, the CRPF casts its net all over the country.
• Great care is taken to ensure that all states, all communities, all religions, all castes and all languages are represented in each battalion.
• The men soon learn a common language that is Hindi or Hindustani and they adjust to a common diet and a common ethos.
• They live away from their families for months together, most primitive conditions.
• In the ranks, the CRPF is slyly referred to as “Chalte Raho Pyare”. They are to obey and obey instantly without any waste of time.
• The job of the officers and the NCOs discipline is always maintained training of the men to tackle terrorists and violent mobs minimum possible force is used on each occasion.
Was it preventable?
• Sanitise the road on which the convoy travelled.
• Security forces have to be lucky all the time in operational areas in order to survive.
• You have to be alert 24×7 each day in such terrain if you want to die in your own bed at home.
• Outpourings of grief, specially spontaneous ones by common citizens, are reflections of human feelings and love of the country.
• Classical form of terrorism that we face today in Kashmir requires a classical response.
• Strong-arm tactics alone will not put an end to such troubles.
• The extremist leaders need to be neutralized.
• The latter will continue to receive “oxygen” from co-religionists and one fallen terrorist will soon be replaced by one or even two or three emotionally charged men.
• Appeal to the local inhabitants and treats them not as enemies but as respected citizens of this ancient land.But having led Punjab Police in fight against terrorism, I can say that strong-arm tactics alone will not work.
Q.1) Which among the following are accounted under the Current Account Transactions under Balance of the Payment?
1. Trade in Goods
2. Trade in Services
4. Foreign Aid
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 1, 2 and 3 only
(c) 1, 2 and 4 only
(d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
Q.1) How India government can counter with the extremist in Kashmir regions?