• European Union (EU) has recognized India’s 1st Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence (CoE) at Division of European Research (DES) at Manipal Academy of Bigger Training (MAHE) in New Delhi.
• It arrives with grant of €1,00,000 to go after India-EU interdisciplinary experiments in tradition, literature, training and culture.
• This is for fifth time MAHE has been awarded grants below Erasmus+Jean Monnet initiative. Past grants have been used for chair, modules and job.
• Less than the present award, Jean Monnet CoE in India-EU Interdisciplinary Experiments aims to reinforce and enrich the educational hook up concerning India and EU.
• It will host open-to-public workshops on European literature, winter educational institutions for students all over the world and India-EU Greater Education Fulfill.
• He was French political economist and diplomat. He was influential supporter of European unity and is regarded as one particular of founding fathers of European Union.
• He also has been identified as “The Father of Europe” by people who see his innovative and pioneering endeavours in the 1950s as the crucial to establishing the European Coal and Steel Community, the predecessor of today’s European Union.
• He was by no means elected to public office.
Mains Paper 2: International Relations
Prelims level: Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence