• The central Federal government has determined to increase the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) to all weak households in the nation.
• Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) is the government’s flagship programme to provide free cooking gasoline (LPG) connections.
• The PMUY plan targets to access out to give totally free LPG connections to 80 million family members by 2020.
• PMUY will not be necessary to be the portion of the Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) listing or the 7 recognized groups beneath the programme to be suitable for the scheme.
About Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana scheme
• Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) was released in May perhaps 2016. The original focus on set for the scheme was to supply 50 million LPG connections to beneath poverty line (BPL) households by 2019, by supplying economical assistance of Rs 1600 for each loved ones.
• Till now, Less than PMUY techniques 58.5 million connections have been offered throughout 715 districts.
• As for each the government data, About 80 for every cent of the beneficiaries occur back for a second refill and about 45 for each cent acquire 3 or more refills yearly.
• The federal government has also recently launched LPG Panchayats to market the PMUY plan.
The eyesight guiding the scheme:
• The successful implementation of the plan will guarantee common protection of cooking gasoline in India, which will assist in ladies empowerment and also will secure their well being.
• The time spent on cooking and drudgery will decrease.
• Also, it will also create employment for youth in the rural parts in the provide chain of LPG.
Mains Paper 2: Governance | Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre & States & the performance of these schemes
Prelims level: Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
Mains level: Success of Ujjwala Yojana