• Recently, as part of the high-level summit, the ministers and delegation adopted the Delhi.
• Declaration on digital health for sustainable development.
• It was adopted at the concluding session of the ‘4th Global Digital Health Partnership Summit’.
• The declaration calls for World Health Organization’s (WHO’s) leadership in digital health and for it to establish a specific mechanism to centrally coordinate digital health to assist its Member States.
• An example of application of Digital Health for sustainable development is telemedicine, remote care and mobile health delivering care in people’s homes, instead of in hospitals and clinics.
• The global intergovernmental meeting on digital health was hosted by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare in collaboration with World Health Organization (WHO) and the Global Digital Health Partnership (GDHP).
Mains Paper 2: Health
Prelims level: Delhi Declaration
Mains level: Inclusive growth and development