• India’s heaviest and most-superior interaction satellite GSAT-11, also identified as the “Major Chook“, was correctly released into area on December 5, 2018 from the Spaceport in French Guiana, South The us.
• The satellite will support present satellite-based online to remote sites exactly where cable-dependent world wide web can’t arrive at. The satellite, weighing 5854 kg, is the heaviest Indian-designed machines that has been put into the orbit.
• Made by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), the GSAT-11 was introduced on the Ariane 5 VA-246 rocket from Kourou Launch Foundation, French Guiana.
• The Ariane 5 also lifted off South Korea’s GEO-KOMPSAT-2A satellites. Ariane 5 is a single of 3 start vehicles operated by Arianespace along with Soyuz and Vega.
GSAT-11: Improve the broadband connectivity
• The 5854-kg GSAT-11 will provide higher info charge connectivity to Indian mainland and islands users through 32 user beams in Ku-band and 8 hub beams in Ka-band.
• With 32 Ku-band transponders and 8 Ka-band hubs on board, GSAT-11 would be three to 6 times more impressive than any other ISRO’s satellite.
• GSAT-11 will strengthen the broadband connectivity to rural and inaccessible Gram Panchayats in the region below the Bharat Web Venture, which is component of Digital India Programme. The Bharat Net Undertaking aims to enhance the community welfare strategies like e-banking, e-overall health, e-governance, among others.
• The satellite will support meet India’s developing mobile and web utilization in homes, firms and general public businesses.
When GSAT-11 would develop into operational?
• Just after a 30-minute flight, GSAT-11 divided from the Ariane 5 in an elliptical Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit. The achieved orbit was extremely shut to the meant one particular.
• Submit-separation, ISRO’s Learn Command Facility in Karnataka took above the command and control of GSAT-11.
• The researchers will now undertake period-clever orbit-boosting manoeuvres to location the satellite in the Geostationary Orbit (36000 km earlier mentioned the equator) using its on-board propulsion devices.
• GSAT-11 will be positioned at 74-diploma east longitude in the geostationary orbit.
• Two solar arrays and 4 antenna reflectors of GSAT-11 will be deployed in orbit.
• The satellite will be operational following the successful completion of all in-orbit assessments.
Mains Paper 3: Science & Technology | Awareness in the fields of IT, Space
Prelims level: Particulars of the GSAT-11
Mains level: Utilities of the GSAT -11 to high speed Internet services in India