• To help students, Haryana Government has started mobile app Shiksha Setu which would have all information related to attendance, fee, online admission and scholarships in all government colleges of the state besides having details of lecturers of government colleges and officers of the Directorate.
• Giving details, Director, Higher Education Department, A. Sreenivas said that the launch of this app would bring transparency in the Department and college administration, and enable better connectivity between students, parents, teachers and administration.
Key highlights mentioned by him
• He said that now an attendance of students would be online and it could be updated within 15 days only and thereafter no change would be possible in it.
• He said that through this app, students and teachers would get instant updates of important notices, circulars and other programmes.
• The students can also pay their fee online through this app and college administration can also check whose fee is pending and how much fee has been collected, he said.
• Sreenivas said that during admissions, the students would be able to check through this app the status of seats or course in every college in the state.
• Now, students would also be able to get all information of scholarships such as details of scholarships, eligibility conditions and details of applying students, he said.
• Apart from this, students would also get instant information of assignments and notifications, he added.
• He further said that directions have been issued to Principals of all government colleges to inspire students and teachers in their respective colleges to download and use ‘Shiksha Setu’ app.
Mains Paper 2: Governance
Prelims level: Shiksha Setu
Mains level: Read the story