• The government will replace conventional coaches with modern LHB (Linke Hofmann Busch) design coaches in all long-distance trains, Railway Minister Piyush Goyal said in Rajya Sabha on Friday.
Key points highlighted by the Railway Minister
• To another query on complaints that modern coaches already operational are being replaced in trains running from the Northeast, the minister said: “I can assure you that can never be the case.”
• On unmanned railway crossings, the Minister said that the government has almost eliminated all such crossings.
• The number of accidents has come down to three in the last nine months from 50 a year ago.
• The Minister said that wherever there is a responsibility of Railways, the compensation is provided to the families of the deceased. Trespassers are not given compensation.
Mains Paper 3: Science & Technology
Prelims level: Modern LHB coaches
Mains level: Read the story