• Data indicates that Each and every second, one particular woman in India will get tricked to be a victim of cyber crimes.
• The on-line platform has now grow to be an avenue where a woman’s dignity, privateness and safety is more and more staying challenged each and every minute.
• That’s why to address the cybercrimes from girls, the governing administration has initiated the subsequent initiatives:
Cyber Crime Prevention versus Women and Kids (CCPWC) portal
• The portal released by Ministry of House Affairs, enables citizens to lodge grievances on objectionable on the net material similar to boy or girl pornography, baby sexual abuse product and sexually explicit product this sort of as rape and gang rape without disclosing their identification.
• The portal lets the complainants to add objectionable content and URL to assist in the investigation by State Law enforcement.
• National Crime Data Bureau (NCRB) will proactively identify this kind of objectionable written content on receiving complainants and get it up with intermediaries for its removing from the online platforms.
Cyber Criminal offense Reporting Portal
• The Cyber Criminal offence Reporting Portal is an initiative of the Ministry of Property Affairs less than the Countrywide Mission for the security of ladies to aid victims/complainants to report cybercrime complaints online.
Mains Paper 3: Internal Security
Prelims level: CCPWC Portal