• The Worldwide Migrants Day 2018 observed on 18th December 2018 across the world. In accordance with the Resolution 55/93 of the United Nations General Assembly(UNGA).
• The Global Migrants Working day is noticed just about every yr on 18 December. The Resolution 55/93 was adopted by UN on 4th December 2000.
• The resolution 45/158 which is a resolution on the ‘International Conference on the Safety of the Legal Rights of All Migrant Staff and Users of their Families’ was adopted by the UNGA on 18th December 1990.
• On this day several intergovernmental and non-governmental companies (NGOs) in diverse nations around the world disseminate information and facts on human rights and elementary political freedoms of migrants between the people.
• The style and design of actions for the protection of migrants and activities of migrants are also shared with the community. Generating the voice of migrants listened to is the most important motive of celebrating this working day.
• The topic of Intercontinental Migrants Day 2018 is “Migration with Dignity”. The purpose for deciding upon this topic is that all over 3,400 migrants and refugees died worldwide in 2018. The United Nations have given a simply call for migration that is secure, standard and dignified for everybody.
• UN Secretary-General António Guterres on this working day said that Migration is a strong driver of economic progress, that makes it possible for folks to request new possibilities. Migration positive aspects equally the communities at the origin and vacation spot.
Mains Paper 2: International Relations
Prelims level: International Migrants Day
Mains level: Important International Institutions