• Kerala has turn out to be initially condition in the region to have 4 global airports with the inauguration of Kannur airport.
• The 1st industrial flight from this airport Air India Categorical flight IX 715 with 180 passengers on board to Abu Dhabi was flagged off just lately.
• The other three international airports are Trivandrum Global Airport, Cochin Intercontinental Airport and Calicut International Airport.
Kannur international airport
• It is developed on a community-private partnership (PPP) model. It is distribute across 2,000 acres of region.
• It will aid non-resident Keralites (NRKs), specially in the Gulf region, moreover boosting tourism and exports, which will consequence in numerous job opportunities.
• Its commissioning is expected to pave way for state’s all round growth and prosperity, specially northern location.
• It will boost tourism in the location like Wayanad, Kannur and Kasargode.
• It may perhaps also boost inter-trade in sectors these kinds of as spices and handloom.
Mains Paper 2: Governance
Prelims level: Kannur international airport