• The Union Ministry of Rural Progress (MoRD) on December 19, 2018 signed a Memorandum of Comprehending (MoU) with Maruti Suzuki India Ltd for training rural youth for ability enhancement less than the flagship Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY).
• The Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) is the flagship placement linked skill-schooling plan of the Ministry of Rural Enhancement.
• Thinking of the challenges confronted by India’s rural youth in acquiring work this kind of as the deficiency of formal instruction and employability skills, the Ministry determined to spouse with Maruti Suzuki India, the top business from the automotive sector, below the DDU-GKY.
• DDU-GKY will bridge this hole by funding coaching projects with an emphasis on placement, retention, vocation progression and an international placement of rural youth.
• Maruti Suzuki will deliver instruction to at least 5000 candidates in two many years with confident placement to the rural youth of our region.
DDU-GKY’s “Champion Employers” coverage
• The mission of the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana is to assure rural bad youth are expert in marketplace applicable trades and career-related competencies.
• A single of the techniques in which DDU-GKY aims to accomplish this is through the “Champion Employers” coverage.
• The Champion Employers are the field leaders who have the probable to supply coaching and captive employment to the DDU-GKY candidates.
• The policy seeks a strategic alignment of aims of DDU-GKY with the HR strategy of organisations, which have a big likely to soak up educated manpower.
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana
• The Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) was launched by the Union govt on September 25, 2014.
• The Yojana was launched for the duration of the 98th beginning anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay. Before the Yojana was regarded as Aajeevika Competencies Advancement Programme (ASDP).
• The Yojana aims at teaching 10 lakh (1 million) rural youths for positions.
• Talent development training centres are becoming launched to tackle the unemployment dilemma in the rural location.
• The capabilities imparted below the Yojana are benchmarked versus intercontinental requirements and complement the Prime Minister’s ‘Make In India’ campaign.
• The Kaushalya Yojana addresses the want for imparting schooling by involving in non-public gamers together with global gamers to impart the expertise to the rural youths.
• The minimum age for entry beneath the Yojana is 15 many years as opposed to 18 decades less than the Aajeevika Expertise Programme.
Mains Paper 2: Governance
Prelims level: DDU-GKY