• The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO).
• Department of Space signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) here today for setting up of an state-of-the-art Integrated Control Room for Emergency Response (ICR-ER) in Ministry of Home Affairs.
• The MoU was signed by Joint Secretary (Disaster Management) Shri Sanjeev Kumar Jindal on behalf of MHA and Dr P.V.N Rao, Deputy Director, NRSC, ISRO.
Important highlights of this project
• ISRO will render its technical expertise for setting up of proposed ICR-ER.
• The project will be executed under overall supervision of MHA.
• The proposed Control Room is expected to be established in next one-and-a-half year.
• The ICR-ER will cater to the requirement of Disaster Management as well as Internal Security.
• ICR-ER will address the requirement of receipt of information on near real-time basis, strategic level monitoring, situation awareness, command and control, preparedness and response in the diverse internal security situation and disaster related emergencies.
• It will increase the operational effectiveness and will be helpful in rendering timely response / assistance during various emergency situations.
Mains Paper 3: Science & Technology | Awareness in the fields of IT, Space, Computers, robotics, nano-technology, bio-technology.
Prelims level: ICR-ER
Mains level: All ISRO missions are vitally important.