• A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) has been signed between the Indian Culinary Institute (ICI) an autonomous body under the Ministry of Tourism, and Indira Gandhi National Tribal University (IGNTU), Amarkantak.
• The MOU was signed for imparting collaborative degree programmes including research in the field of culinary arts.
=> About Indian Culinary Institute (ICI):
• ICI is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Tourism.
• The main objective of setting up of the ICI was to institutionalize a mechanism to support efforts intended to preserve, document, promote and disseminate Indian Cuisine, meet the sectoral requirement of specialists specific to Indian Cuisine, as also of promoting Cuisine as a Niche Tourism product.
• The ICIs will offer structured regular programmes of study specific to culinary arts and culinary management leading to graduate and post graduate level degrees, promote research and innovation, organize demand driven certificate and diploma courses, document and create data base specific to Indian cuisine and commission studies and survey on cuisine.
• The ICIs will also help the local youth to get trained in these streams as well as create entrepreneurs and make them self-sufficient.
• The hotel and tourism industry will also get benefitted by getting the trained and skilled manpower which in turn will enhance their business and thus generate gainful employment.
• Indira Gandhi National Tribal University is located in Amarkantak, Anuppur district, Madhya Pradesh.
• It was established through an Act of Parliament, Indira Gandhi National Tribal University Act, 2007.
Link : https://wt6q7.app.goo.gl/0e6KgRuG2ydR28LB3