• Central Indonesia’s Mount Soputan volcano erupted on 16th December 2018, sending ash about 7.5 km substantial in the sky.
• Mount Soputan erupted 2 times on the identical working day, forcing area residents to move to safer locations.
• Mount Soputan volcano is just one of the most lively volcanoes of Indonesia. it is found on the Sulawesi island in Indonesia.
• Indonesia has all around 129 active volcanoes and Mount Soputan is 1 of 1them. The country of Indonesia is an archipelago which is highly susceptible to earthquakes and volcanoes as it is situated on the “the Pacific Ring of Fire”.
• The most energetic volcanoes of Indonesia are Kelud and Merapi.
• Both equally these volcanoes are positioned on the Java island of Indonesia and have claimed the life of a lot of folks in the region.
About the Pacific Ring of Fireplace:
• The Ring of Fireplace is a main place in the Pacific Ocean, approx 25000 miles, whereby about 75% of the world’s volcanoes are located.
• The Ring-of-Fire is also identified as the Circum-Pacific Belt.
• A lot of significant and minimal tectonic plates these kinds of as the Eurasian, North American, Juan de Fuca, Cocos, Caribbean, Nazca, Antarctic, Indian, Australian, Philippine, and other smaller sized plates fulfil at the Ring of Hearth.
• The movement of these tectonic plates prospects to volcanic eruptions, earthquakes and development of deep trenches in the ocean.
• The Mariana trench which is the deepest ocean trench is also found in the Ring-of-Hearth.
Mains Paper 1: World Geography
Prelims level: Mount Soputan Volcano
Mains level: Important Geographical Phenomena