• The National Anti-Profiteering Authority (NAA) has been constituted under Section 171 of the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017.
• It has been ensure that the reduction in rate of tax or the benefit of input tax credit is passed on to the recipient by way of commensurate reduction in prices.
Steps taken by the NAA
• The following steps have been taken by the NAA to ensure that customers get the full benefit of tax cuts:
• Holding regular meetings with the Zonal Screening Committees and the Chief Commissioners of Central Tax to stress upon consumer awareness programmes;
• Launching a helpline to resolve the queries of citizens regarding registration of complaints against profiteering.
• Receiving complaints through email and NAA portal.
• Working with consumer welfare organizations in order to facilitate outreach activities.
Mains Paper 3: Indian Economy| Issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
Prelims level: GST, GST COUNCIL, NAA
Mains level: Role and mandate NAA in strengthening GST Infrastructure