• Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik inaugurated the Countrywide Children’s Science Congress to be held amongst 27-31 December at SOA (Considered to be university) in Bhubaneswar, Odhisa. This is the 26th version of the Nationwide Science Congress.
• The focal topic of the 26th Countrywide Children’s Science Congress is “Science, Know-how and Innovation for a Clean up, Green and Healthier Nation.”
• The National Children’s Science Congress is becoming held at Odhisa for the next time. Children from throughout the country jointly with people from 5 Gulf and ASEAN nations are attending the event.
Countrywide Children’s Science Congress
• National Children’s Science Congress is a nationwide Science Interaction programme begun in the year 1993. It is the programme of the Nationwide Council for Science and Technologies Interaction (NCSTC), Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
• Countrywide Children’s Science Congress aims at giving a discussion board for young children from the two official faculty systems as very well as from out of school of the age-group of 10-17 a long time to exhibit their creativity and innovativeness and far more specially their means to resolve a societal problem professional locally, by utilizing the process of science.
National Council for Science and Engineering Conversation
• National Council for Science and Engineering Conversation (NCSTC) is mandated to talk science & technological innovation to masses.
• Via its various programmes, the council goal to make capability for informed selection producing in the group.
• NCSTC encourages investigation in parts of Science & Engineering conversation, schooling of communicators, enhancement of publications, manuals, posters, exhibitions, movies, radio programmes, and television programmes on diverse sides of science & engineering and recognizing remarkable initiatives by means of awards and incentives all more than the country.
Mains Paper 3: Governance
Prelims level: National Children’s Science Congress
Mains level: Not much