• The NITI Aayog is organising the Third Edition of the Women Transforming India Awards 2018 and is launching the upgraded portal of the Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) on Sunday.
• Vice-President M Venkaiah Naidu will be the Chief Guest and will give away the Women Transforming India Awards 2018 and launch the WEP upgraded portal.
• The Women Transforming India Awards were instituted to recognise and celebrate stories of exemplary women from across India.
Major highlights of this event
• This year’s theme is â Women and Entrepreneurship â and 15 winners have been chosen through an extensive six-month-long process to identify fascinating and inspiring stories of women entrepreneurs.
• The Women Entrepreneurship Platform seeks to transform the entrepreneurial ecosystem in the country and will be a one-stop resource centre for future and budding women entrepreneurs.
• It seeks to act as a medium for various stakeholders in the economy to come together and offer integrated services such as Incubator Support, Mentorship, Funding venues, Compliance among others, according to an official statement here.
• The event will include panel discussions on topics including The Entrepreneur’s Perspective: from Startup to Growth and Pay it forward: How WEP as a platform can help?
• The panellists are entrepreneurs, investors and industry experts including as Debjani Ghosh, Shivani Wazir Pasrich, Geeta Chandran, Radhika Ghai and Sania Mirza.
Mains Paper 2: Governance | Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors
Prelims level: WEP, WTIA
Mains level: Promoting Women entrepreneurs in India