• On 15 December 2018, Union Railways Minister Piyush Goyal has focused India’s first railway university to the Country in Vadodara.
• The Railway University will be to start with of its form establishment in the country and the 3rd in the planet following Russia and China.
About the institution
• It is named as the Nationwide Rail and Transportation Institution (NRTI).
• It will be a considered college which will present skilled programs in technologies and administration of transportation networks.
• The chairman of Railways Board Sh. Ashok Lohani has been named the Vice Chancellor of the University.
• It will host traveling to school from renowned establishments like XLRI College of Management and Indian Company College, Hyderabad and some others.
Key highlights about this initiative
• The Countrywide Rail and Transportation Institution NRTI begun its operation on September 5 before this calendar year.
• The initial batch of the college has previously been shortlisted and is composed of 103 pupils – 62 for BSc in Transportation Technological know-how and 41 in BBA in Transportation Management.
• Both the courses are the flagship a few-calendar year programmes available by the university.
• The very first batch of students has been awarded 50 per cent scholarship in the annually class rate of Rs 75,000.
• The actual annual charge of NRTI for a single 12 months is Rs 91,000, including all other expenses.
• There are options to start Grasp Diploma programmes from the tutorial session 2019-20 in Transportation and Units Layout, Transportation Devices Engineering, Transport Coverage and Economics, and many others.
• The Railways Ministry has sanctioned Rs 421 crore for the NRTI and its curriculum improvement for the following 5 decades.
• A greenfield campus is also beneath progress for the university. Indian Railways has discovered a 110-acre plot of land for the NRTI campus at Pipaliya village in Waghodiya Taluka, District Vadodara
Mains Paper 2: Governance
Prelims level: NRTI
Mains level: Important highlights about the NRTI