• Prime Minister Narendra Modi will release a commemorative coin on Guru Gobind Singh ji, on January 13, 2019 at 7 Lok Kalyan Marg, New Delhi.
• The event marks the birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh ji. The Prime Minister will also address a select gathering on this occasion.
• The Tenth Guru of Sikhs- Guru Gobind Singh has been a source of inspiration for many through his teachings and ideals.
Key highlights of this event
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi attended 350th birth anniversary celebrations of Shri Guru Gobind Singh JiMaharaj in Patna on January 5, 2017.
• He released a commemorative postage stamp to mark the occasion. In his address, the Prime Minister underlined how Guru Gobind Singh made a unique attempt to unite the country through the Khalsa sect and the five PanchPyaras belonged to different parts of India.
• He said that Guru Gobind Singh ji put knowledge at the core of his teaching.
Mains Paper 1: Indian History
Prelims level: Guru Gobind Singh ji
Mains level: Medieval India