• President Ram Nath Kovind and Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu have greeted the nation on Vaisakhi, Vishu, Rongali Bihu, Naba Barsha, Vaisakhadi and Puthandu Pirappu.
• In his message, Mr Kovind said, the harvest festivals are a celebration of the hard work and efforts of farmers.
• Mr Naidu said, the festivals which celebrate the birth of a new year, serve as harbingers of a better quality of life.
• He said, they are a true reflection of the richness and the diversity of Indian culture and a testament to the deep reverence country’s civilization has for nature.
• In Assam, Bohag Bihu is being celebrated across the state with traditional fervor and enthusiasm. Today, the first day of celebration in known as the Goru or cow bihu. Goru Bihu is dedicated to cattle and livestock.
Mains Paper 1 : Art and Culture
Prelims level : Vaisakhi