• The proposal from the states of Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Mizoram, Chhattisgarh, Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh for the implementation of Mahila Law enforcement Volunteer Scheme has been permitted by the union federal government.
• Haryana was the initially state to undertake the initiative of Mahila Law enforcement Volunteer at Karnal and Mahindergarh District on a pilot foundation below the Nirbhaya Fund in the course of the fiscal year 2016-2017.
Mahila Police Volunteer Plan
• The Mahila Police Volunteer was initiated by the Ministry of Women and Boy or girl Progress in collaboration with the Ministry of House Affairs. The salient capabilities of the scheme are:
• A Mahila Police Volunteer could be any woman who is socially and voluntarily dedicated toward empowerment of ladies and women, eager to increase her voice against gender-primarily based violence and assist the law enforcement in developing a gender just society absolutely free from violence.
• A Mahila Police Volunteer should really be least 21 several years of age and possess at least 12th go certificate.
• A Mahila Police Volunteer must be from the very same geographical region and conversant with the area dialects.
• No prison proceedings will have to have been instituted against her and she will have to not have been convicted or imprisoned for the violation of any prison regulation.
• A Mahila Law enforcement Volunteer should not be a member of any political get together.
• The Mahila Police Volunteers in the States/UTs will act as an url among law enforcement and community and assist ladies in distress.
• There will be 1 Mahila Law enforcement Volunteer for each Gram Panchayat.
• Mahila Police volunteers will specifically report to the Circle Inspector in the Police Thana.
• The Mahila Law enforcement volunteers are required to mobilize the group to form Mahila and Shishu Rakshak Dals (MASRD) to act as neighborhood watch teams.
• The broad mandate of the Mahila Law enforcement Volunteer is to report incidences of violence in opposition to ladies such as domestic violence, youngster marriage, dowry harassment and violence confronted by women in community spaces.
• A Mahila Police Volunteer is an honorary posture and they are compensated an honorarium of Rs 1,000 for every thirty day period.
Mains Paper 1: Society
Prelims level: Mahila Police Volunteer
Mains level: Women Empowerment