• Mercer has recently released Quality of Living Rankings -2019.
• Conducted annually, the Mercer survey analyses the living standards of cities, as is perceived internationally, to enable multinational companies and other organizations to suitably compensate their staff on international assignments.
• Globally, Vienna, Austria has topped the ranking followed by Zurich, Switzerland.
• In India, Hyderabad and, Pune has topped the survey and ranked at 143.
• Mercer is a global consulting leader in advancing health, wealth and careers.
• It releases its Quality of Living ranking.
• The survey identifies those cities with the highest personal safety ranking based upon internal stability, crime, the effectiveness of law enforcement and relationships with other countries.
Mains Paper 3: Economy
Prelims level: Quality of Living Rankings -2019
Mains level: Important indexes