• The Indian Railways declared on December 27, 2018 that it has determined to grant 40-for each-cent concession in passenger fares to transgender senior citizens.
• The concession will be relevant to these of the third gender, who are aged 60 years or earlier mentioned. It will be readily available from January 1, 2019.
• The Indian Railways provides concessions on ticket costs to 53 diverse groups, ranging from 10-100 per cent.
• The railways grant 40 per cent concession in fares to adult men aged 60 many years or previously mentioned and 50 for each cent concession in fares to girls aged 58 years or previously mentioned.
• The college students going to their hometown or instructional tours can avail a concession of 50 for every cent in fares for the second and sleeper class, though pupils belonging to the Scheduled Tribe neighbourhood can avail a concession of 75 for each cent.
• Equally, govt university learners in rural locations are eligible to get a concession of 75 per cent in 2nd course for a examine tour or an entrance examination after a calendar year.
• Those showing up for UPSC and Central Workers Variety Commission can also avail a concession of 50 for each cent on the fares.
• Industrial labours and farmers, who would like to take a look at agricultural exhibitions, can also avail a 25-for each-cent concession on next-class and sleeper-class tickets.
• In addition, overseas college students learning in India are also qualified for a 50-for every-cent concession in the next and sleeper class.
• Aside from these, senior citizens, who e-book their railway tickets online, now have the solution to opt for concerning 100-for each-cent concession, 50-per-cent concession and no concession.
• However a column for transgender (T) was launched in the reservation variety, the concession was not admissible to them.
Mains Paper 2: Governance
Prelims level: Fare concession to transgender senior citizens
Mains level: Welfare schemes to the vulnerable section of the society