• The Reserve Financial institution of India (RBI) has launched Study on Retail Payment Habits of Persons (SRPHi).
• The Study will seize payment habits of men and women in cities of Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bengaluru and Guwahati.
About the Study
• Sigma Research & Consulting Pvt Ltd has been engaged by RBI to conduct the fieldwork of the survey.
• All over 6000 individuals from a variety of socio-economic backgrounds across 6 metropolitan areas would be protected under the survey.
• The study seeks qualitative responses from people on their payment practices.
• The findings of the survey will provide insights into recognition and use behaviours of digital payment products.
Mains Paper 2: Governance
Prelims level: SRPHi
Mains level: Details about this scheme