• A special tourist train covering prominent places associated with chief architect of the Indian Constitution Dr BR Ambedkar and Gautam Buddha will embark on its maiden journey on April 14 from Nagpur.
• The train, ‘Samantha Express’, will be run by the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation.
• A press statement said that IRCTC is running a special Bharat Darshan Tourist Train Samantha Express in memory of the revered leader, Bharat Ratna Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar covering the prominent places associated with his life and that of Lord Buddha.
• The train will cover Chaityabhoomi (Mumbai), Mhow (Indore), Bodhgaya (Gaya), Sarnath (Varanasi), Lumbini (Nautanwa), Kushinagar (Gorakhpur), Deekshabhoomi (Nagpur), all places linked with either Lord Buddha or Ambedkar.
• It said the duration of this tour will be of 10 nights and 11 days.
• The package cost, which includes accommodation, transportation and meals for 11 days is 10,395 rupees per person for standard category and 12,705 rupees per person for comfort category.
• This comprehensive tour package includes train journey by confirmed ticket in sleeper class/3AC, night stay at lodges or dormitories on multi-sharing basis, non-AC transport for transfer and sightseeing, veg meals, tour escorts, arrangement of a doctor on board and security arrangement.
Mains Paper 2: Governance
Prelims level: Samantha Express
Mains level: Read the story