• The Exclusive Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has asserted that educational facilities cannot make Aadhaar, the 12-digit biometric identifier a pre-situation for student admission.
• UIDAI warned that performing so will be against the recent order of the Supreme Court.
• The element was shared by UIDAI CEO Ajay Bhushan Pandey in New Delhi on December 25, 2018.
• The clarification comes at a time when admissions to the nursery and entry-amount classes have begun in around 1,500 personal colleges in Delhi.
• UIDAI cleared that inquiring for Aadhaar cards for admissions is not as for each the provisions of regulation and carrying out so will be against the new get of the Supreme Courtroom.
• Nevertheless, there have been stories of certain educational facilities insisting on Aadhaar as one particular of the documents required for college student admission.
• The Aadhaar issuing entire body stated that it is informed of this sort of reviews and has requested all the educational institutions to ensure that no little one is denied admission for not owning the identification card.
• UIDAI CEO Ajay Bhushan Pandey said that in fact, schools ought to acknowledge youngsters without the need of Aadhaar and guarantee that little ones are given Aadhaar as soon as they are in educational institutions by arranging particular camps for them.
• UIDAI cleared that even with this, ought to specific faculties continue on to insist on Aadhar then, it would plainly be observed as a situation of contempt of court.
• The term of caution from UIDAI arrives at a time when admissions to the nursery and entry-level courses have just begun in more than 1,500 private educational facilities in Delhi.
Mains Paper 2: Governance
Prelims level: UIDAI
Mains level: UIDAI mechanism and various procedures