• In a major push to kickstart listing of start-ups in India in a big way, capital markets regulator Sebi has lined up a slew of relaxations for new-age ventures.
• The proposed changes include renaming the Institutional Trading Platform that the regulator had created for such listings as Innovators Growth Platform.
• The Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) had set up an expert group in June this year to review the start-up platform.
• The Group held extensive consultations with other stakeholders including start-ups, investors, bankers and wealth management firms and submitted its report to Sebi on the proposed changes.
• The changes include doing away with the requirement of at least 50 per cent of pre-issue capital being held by qualified institutional investors.
Mains Paper 3: Economy
Prelims level: SEBI
Mains level: Read the story