• Shi Yomi formally turned 23rd district of Arunachal Pradesh right after it was inaugurated by Main Minister Pema Khandu in existence of Union Minister of Condition for Home Kiren Rijiju.
• It was created by bifurcating West Siang district with its headquarters at Tato.
• It will have 4 administrative models namely Mechuka, Tato, Pidi and Manigong.
• Two more districts Pakke-Kesang and Lepa Rada will be formally inaugurated in the condition within just taking the full to 25.
• In August 2018, Arunachal Pradesh Legislative assembly has handed Arunachal Pradesh Re-Organisation of Districts (Amendment) Invoice, 2018 for creation of a few new districts, Pakke-Kesang, Lepa Rada and Shi Yomi in the state.
• These new districts were created holding in watch of huge geographical place, inaccessible terrains, escalating demands of folks, convey administration to their doorway-steps and for all-spherical equal improvement in all areas of the point out.
• With addition of these three new districts, point out will have full 25 districts from previously 22 districts.
• Pakke-Kessang district will be carved out of East Kameng district with 5 administrative units particularly Pakke-Kessangn, Seijosa, Pijiriang, Passa Valley and Dissingn Passo with district headquarters at Lemmi.
• Lepa Rada district will be made by bifurcating Lessen Siang district with headquarters at Basar. It will have 4 administrative units Tirbin, Basar, Daring and Sago.
Mains Paper 1: Geography
Prelims level: Shi Yomi