• NITI NE Forum discusses measures forsocio-economic development of the region
=> Major proposals
• Providing air connectivity between various State capitals of the North-Eastern States.
• Inclusion of Bangladesh in India’s ‘Act East’ policy.
• Imparting education and job skills to English-speaking youth.
• Bringing about wholesome economic development of the region.
• The first-ever meeting of NITI NE Forum held here on Tuesday.
=> About the forum
• The forum, set up at the instance of Prime Minister Narendra Modi in February, has been given the task of identifying constraints that hamper socio-economic development of India’s most neglected region and streamlining resources available for its growth.
• Set up under the policy think-tank NITI Aayog, the forum would work closely with the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region and the North Eastern Council and have senior bureaucrats from the States and the Centre, policy makers, and other experts as members.
Link – https://wt6q7.app.goo.gl/FOuVMqtoO6es3f2G2