• The Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India, has launched an online campaign, ‘#www : Web- WonderWomen’.
• The Campaign aims to discover and celebrate the exceptional achievements of women, who have been driving positive agenda of social change via social media.
Aim of this campaign
• Through the campaign, the Ministry and the Campaign’s Partners aim to recognize the fortitude of Indian women stalwarts from across the globe who have used the power of social media to run positive & niche campaigns to steer a change in society.
• This Campaign will recognize and acknowledge the efforts of these meritorious Women.
Details of this campaign
• The Campaign invites Entries via Nominations from across the world, as per the laid out criteria.
• Nominations are now open till 31st January, 2019. Indian-origin women, working or settled anywhere in the world, are eligible for nomination.
• The shortlisted entries will be open for public voting on Twitter and the finalists will be selected by a specialized panel of judges.
• Nominations have been invited in a large number of categories including Health, Media, Literature, Art, Sports, Environmental protection, fashion among others.
Mains Paper 1: Indian Society | Role of women and women’s organization, population and associated issues, poverty and developmental issues
Prelims level: WWW campaign
Mains level: Role of Social Media in Women Empowerment