• The Ministry of Women and Child Development is organising the three-day 6th ‘Women of India Organic Festival’ from today, at Leisure Valley, Sector-10, Chandigarh, to celebrate and promote women farmers and entrepreneurs in the organic sector from the remotest parts of India.
Objectives of this festival
• The festival aims to encourage Indian women entrepreneurs and farmers to connect with more buyers and thus, empower them through financial inclusion, while promoting organic culture in India.
• Through this festival, the Ministry also aims to educate people about its various initiatives and schemes relating to women and children.
• Over 200 women have come from all over India together at Leisure Valley, which has become the epicentre of an organic extravaganza.
• The Festival is showcasing over 1,000 varied organic products, including fabric, wellness, grains, seeds, jewellery, bakery items and a lot more.
• Visitors to the festival are also visiting the food court, which offers a wide variety of sumptuous delights. The timings of the Festival are 10:30AM to 10PM.
• The Women of India Organic Festival has been held annually in New Delhi since 2015, and makes its debut in Chandigarh this year, bringing the joy of going organic to the evergreen Leisure Valley, which is a continuum of gardens, to showcase the varied products of women farmers and entrepreneurs.
• With each year, the sales and footfalls at the Organic Festival have only increased, indicating a growing interest in organic produce.
Mains Paper 2: Governance
Prelims level: Women of India Organic Festival
Mains level: Key highlights of the Women of India Organic Festival