• Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has launched a special programme for School Children called “Young Scientist Programme” “YUva VIgyani KAryakram” from 2019.
• The Program is primarily aimed at imparting basic knowledge on Space Technology, Space Science and Space Applications to the younger ones with the intent of arousing their interest.
• It is a residential training programme of around two weeks duration during summer holidays and it is proposed to select 3 students from each State/ Union Territory.
Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM)
• The Ministry of Finance plans to set up a special cell in the Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM) for the monetization of non-core assets of state-owned companies.
• Non-core assets are assets that are either not essential or simply no longer used in a company’s business operations.
• The Asset Monetisation cell will also deal with cases related to the sale of immovable enemy property, which refers to the assets left behind by people who migrated to Pakistan or China and are no longer citizens of India.
• NITI Aayog has been tasked with drawing up a list of non-core assets of various CPSEs, both healthy and sick ones, as the first step towards finance ministry’s plan to monetize such assets.
Mains Paper 2: Governance
Prelims level: YUva VIgyani KAryakram