• The theme of the Summit was BRICS@15: Intra-BRICS Cooperation for Continuity, Consolidation and Consensus.
• These four Cs are in a way the fundamental principles of BRICS partnership.
• PM called for enhanced BRICS cooperation under motto of ‘Build-back Resiliently, Innovatively, Credibly and Sustainably’.
• Adopted ‘New Delhi Declaration’ that calls for
1. Settling Afghan situation via peaceful means.
2. Reforms of principal organs of United Nations including that of UN Security Council (UNSC).
3. BRICS has taken a collective position on ‘Strengthening and Reforming Multilateral Systems’.
4. Addressing humanitarian situations and to uphold human rights, including those of women, children and minorities.
5. Accelerate implementation of Action Plan on Counter-Terrorism.
6. Agreement on space agencies and remote-sensing satellites will enhance research capabilities in global climate change, disaster management, prevention of food and water scarcity etc.
7. Action plan 2021-2024 for agriculture cooperation adopted.
• BRICS bring together the major emerging economies from the world, Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa, comprising 41% of the world population, having 24% of the world GDP and over 16% share in world trade.
Mains Paper 2: International Relations
Prelims level: BRICS summit
Mains level: Important international groupings and their significance