• On the occasion of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav, MyGov under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, and UN Women jointly launched the Amrit Mahotsav Shri Shakti Innovation Challenge 2021, to encourage technology solutions developed by Women Entrepreneurs that facilitate Women’s Safety and Empowerment.
• The aim of the Challenge is ‘Nari Sashaktikaran’, that is to empower women to help them achieve their full potential.
• Hosted on the MyGov platform, the Amrit Mahotsav Shri Shakti Challenge 2021 will accept entries till September 17, 2021.
• 10 Nominees will be shortlisted and supported through a mentorship programme and each nominee will be awarded a grant of INR 1,00,000 to develop the Proof of Concept of their ideas.
• Following a rigorous screening process, five winners will be selected by a Jury in November 2021.
• The winners will be awarded INR 5,00,000 each to develop, market and implement their solutions.
• The Amrit Mahotsav Shri Shakti Challenge 2021 is being implemented under the Multi-Partner Trust Fund Programme.
• The first Shri Shakti Challenge held in 2020 had received an overwhelming response, with a total of 1,265 entries and 10 Finalists comprising of women entrepreneurs, scientists, and change-makers from across the country.
Mains Paper 2: National
Prelims level: Amrit Mahotsav Shri Shakti Challenge 2021
Mains level: Social Issue