• Union Minister of Human Resource Development, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, launched an initiative ‘YUKTI 2.0’ to help systematically assimilate technologies having commercial potential and information related to incubated startups in our higher education institutions.
• The portal intends to cover the different dimensions of COVID-19 challenges in a very holistic and comprehensive way.
• Through this portal, the Ministry of Human Resource Development will endeavor to ensure that students, teachers and researchers in higher educational institutions are getting appropriate support to meet the requirements needed to advance their technologies and innovations.
• This database will provide a clear picture of the state of the innovation ecosystem of our higher educational institutions. This will also help the government to identify bottlenecks and formulate appropriate policies to strengthen the innovation ecosystem in the country.
What this platform is all about?
• YUKTI 2.0 is logical extension of earlier version of ‘YUKTI’ which was launched on 11 April, 2020 and it has been launched to find out ideas relevant in COVID pandemic.
• With the help of this platform, MHRD aims to identify innovative solutions from India’s higher and technical institutions.
• During the launch, HRD minister encouraged students, faculty members, startups including other stakeholders of higher education institutions to get them registered on the YUKTI portal and share their technologies and innovations.