• Japan and India signed an agreement of 50 billion loans to support India’s economic support program for the poor and vulnerable groups affected by the pandemic. The loan could also be a neighborhood of Japan’s Official Development Assistance – ODA loan. Official Development Assistance is defined as government assistance aimed toward promoting the economic development & welfare of countries that are under development.
• Shri Narendra Modi to deliver a note on the Valedictory function of the 2nd National Youth Parliament Festival on 12th January 2021, via video conferencing. The purpose of the National Youth Parliament Festival (NYPF) is to concentrate to the voices of youngsters aged 18 to 25 who can vote and may participate in various occupations, including public service, within the approaching years.
• India will host the three-key subsidiary bodies of the UNSC (United Nations Security Council). The groups are the Counter-Terrorism Committee, Taliban Sanctions Committee and Libya Sanctions Committee. The Chairman of the Counter-Terrorism Committee evoked a special response in India.
• Union Minister for MSME will be launching an innovative new paint developed by Khadi and Village Industries Commission on 12th January. The eco-friendly, non-toxic paint, called “Khadi Prakritik Paint” is a first-of-its-kind product, with anti-fungal, anti-bacterial properties.
The paint has been certified by Bureau of Indian Standards. Khadi Prakritik Emulsion paint meets BIS 15489:2013 standards; whereas Khadi Prakritik Distemper paint meets BIS 428:2013 standards.
• Apple, Amazon and Google have suspended the social network called Parler, saying that the platform has not taken enough measures to make sure that content inciting violence remains in check. Parler is an American alt-tech microblogging and social networking service. Launched in August 2018, Parler markets itself as a free speech and unbiased alternative to mainstream social networks such as Twitter and Facebook.
• The Union Environment Minister launched the Management Effectiveness Evaluation of Indian Zoos (MEE-ZOO) framework. The framework proposes guidelines, criteria and indicators for evaluation of zoos of the country in a manner which is discrete, holistic and independent. The assessment criteria and indicators look beyond the traditional concepts, include issues of animal welfare, husbandry and sustainability of resources and finance.