• IRCTC of Indian Railways and SBI Card has launched Co-branded Contactless Credit Card on RuPay Platform. It is in line with Aatma Nirbhar Bharat, Digital India and Make In India mission. The new credit card is dedicated to the service of India the Union Minister of Railways and Commerce and Industry Piyush Goyal. Contactless Credit Card on RuPay Platform is aimed to offer a safe and protected transaction environment to its customers.
• Hetero group has launched the generic Favipiravir in India under the brand ‘Favivir’. The company received approvals from the Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) to manufacture and market the generic drug. The drug, Favivir, is used to treat mild to moderate COVID-19. Favivir will improve treatment accessibility to a significant amount of the COVID-19 patient population, which usually sustains mild to moderate symptoms.
• Bangalore based startup Acculi Labs has been selected the Centre for Augmenting WAR with COVID-19 Health Crisis (CAWACH), an initiative by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) to develop a COVID risk assessment profile called Lyfas COVID score.
Lyfas is an Android application. In this application, one can keep the index finger on the rear phone camera of a mobile phone for 5 minutes.
• The UN policy brief stated that Levels of nitrogen dioxide fell by more than 70% during the lockdown in New Delhi. The environmental gains could be temporary if the cities re-open without policies to prevent air pollution and promote de-carbonization. It also stated that nitrogen dioxide fell 40% in urban areas in China, 20% in Belgium and Germany, and 19-40% in different areas of the US.
• Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman attended the 5th Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) through video conference in New Delhi on 28 July. The Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors (BoG) meet to take key decisions that impact the Bank’s future every year.
• International Tiger Day is observed on 29th July every year. The day is observed to raise awareness about the declining population of the Tiger and making efforts to conserve them.
International Tiger Day was first initiated at the Saint Petersburg Tiger Summit held in 2010 at Russia. A declaration stating that the tiger populated countries to double the tiger population by 2020 was adopted.
• Union Chemicals and Fertilizers Minister launched schemes of Department of Pharmaceuticals for promotion of domestic manufacturing of bulk drugs and medical devices in the country. The Production Linked Incentive (PLI) schemes for promoting domestic manufacturing of KSMs, DIs and APIs and medical devices will go a long way including to boost domestic manufacturing of 53 bulk drugs, on which India is critically dependent on imports.
• Union Minister for Earth sciences launched MoES-Knowledge Resource Centre Network (KRCNet) and mobile App “Mausam” for India Meteorological Department (IMD). This ‘Mausam’ Mobile App for India Meteorological Department (IMD) is designed to communicate the weather information and forecasts to the general public in a lucid manner without technical jargons.
• The Sree Sree JoyKali Matar temple is among the oldest temples in Bangladesh.It was built approximately 300 years back in the early 18th century by Shri Dayaram Roy. He was an influential Dewan of Queen Bhahani of Natore and the founder of Dighapatia Royal Family.
• Union Consumer Affairs Minister launched the Bureau of Indian Standard’s Mobile App BIS-Care today. He also launched three portals on Standardization, Conformity Assessment and Training of e-BIS. The mobile app BIS-Care can be operated on any Android phone and consumers can check the authenticity of the ISI-marked and hallmarked products through this Application.Customers can also lodge complaints using this medium.
• Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) and SBI Card together launched their new Co-branded Contactless Credit Card on RuPay Platform. The new RuPay credit card is equipped with Near Field Communication (NFC) technology with which, users can expedite their transactions at the POS machines by just tapping the card on the machines.Designed to reward frequent railway travellers, the card offers travellers on Indian railways savings proposition on their travel besides benefits on retail, dining and entertainment besides transaction fee waivers.