• Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban (PMAY-U) has launched Awas Par Samvaad – series of 75 seminars and workshops to take ahead the Prime Minister’s vision of ‘Housing for All’.
• Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) announced it on the occasion of sixth anniversary of PMAY-U on June 25, 2021.
• ‘Awas Par Samvaad’ aims to create awareness and promote discussion, deliberation and dissemination on ‘Housing for All’ among multiple stakeholders belonging to varied streams of learning and practices, e.g. engineering, urban community development, planning, finance, etc.
• This will be done through 75 nation-wide workshops and seminars to be conducted between July 1 to September 30, 2021 by educational institutions and Primary Lending Institutions in association with States/UTs.
• These workshops can be held offline through a classroom model. MoHUA will issue certificate of participation to all participants.
Mains Paper 3: Economy
Prelims level: Awas Par Samvaad
Mains level: Read the newsfeed