• The Centre for Development of Telematics observed its 38th Foundation Day recently.
• Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT) is an autonomous Telecom research and development Centre of the Department of Telecommunications, Ministry of Communications. It was established in 1984.
• It is a registered society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
• In the initial years, C-DOT triggered a telecom revolution in rural India that was responsible for all-round socio-economic development. Over the years, C-DOT has evolved into a full-fledged telecom research and development institution and has capabilities to undertake large-scale state-of-the-art telecom technologies development programs.
• C-DOT as a torch bearer of indigenous telecom research and development continues to develop latest technology products in areas like Optical, Switching, Wireless, Security and Network Management while also working on futuristic technologies like M2M/IOT, 5G, AI, etc.
Mains Paper 2: Governance
Prelims level: C-DOT
Mains level: Government policies, schemes and intervention