• Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi chaired Virtual Global Investor Roundtable on November 5, 2020. Addressing the roundtable, he said throughout this year, as India bravely fought the global pandemic, the world saw India’s national character and India’s true strengths.
• He said, the pandemic has successfully brought out traits like a sense of responsibility, a spirit of compassion, national unity and the spark of innovation, for which Indians are known for.
• The Prime Minister remarked that India has shown remarkable resilience in this pandemic, by fighting the virus as well as ensuring economic stability. He attributed this resilience to the strength of the systems in India, support of the people and stability of the Government’s policies. He said, New India is being built which is free of old practices and today, India is changing for the better. He added India’s quest to become AatmaNirbhar is not just a vision but a well-planned economic strategy.
• He stressed it is a strategy that aims to use the capabilities of India’s businesses and skills of its workers to make India into a global manufacturing powerhouse. The Prime Minister said it aims to use the country’s strength in technology to become a global centre for innovations and aims to contribute to global development using its immense human resources and their talents.
• The Prime Minister said investors are moving towards companies which have a high Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) score. He showcased India as a nation with such systems in place and with companies ranking high on ESG score. He said India believes in following the path of growth with equal focus on ESG.
• The Prime Minister said India offers the investors Democracy, Demography, Demand as well as Diversity. He said “Such is our diversity that you get multiple markets within one market. These come with multiple pocket sizes and multiple preferences. These come with multiple weathers and multiple levels of development. He listed various initiatives of the Government aimed at improving the manufacturing potential and improving ease of doing business.
• The Prime Minister expressed that India has an ambitious plan to invest $1.5 trillion under the National Infrastructure pipeline. He listed various social and economic infrastructure projects planned in India in the pipeline, aimed for faster economic growth an alleviation of poverty.