Mains Paper 3: Economy
Prelims level: Micro Food Enterprises
Mains level: Agriculture
• Rs. 1 lakh crores Agri Infrastructure Fund.
• Rs. 10,000 crores scheme for Formalisation of Micro Food Enterprises (MFE).
• Rs. 20,000 crores for fisherman through Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY).
• National Animal Disease Control Programme.
• Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development Fund- Rs. 15,000 Crores.
• From ‘TOP’ to TOTAL.
• Financing for funding agriculture infrastructure projects at farm gate and at aggregation points and for financially viable post-harvest management infrastructure.
• Supporting two lakh MFEs who need technical upgradation to attain FSSAI food standards, build brands and support marketing.
• Focuses on integrated, sustainable and inclusive development of marine and inland fisheries by developing infrastructure such as fishing harbours, cold chain, markets, etc.
• It targets Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) and Brucellosis by ensuring 100 percent vaccination of cattle, buffalo, sheep, goat and pig population.
• It is to support private investment in dairy processing, enable value addition and improved cattle feed infrastructure.
• Operation Greens run by Ministry of Food Processing Industries to cover tomatoes, onion and potatoes to ALL fruit and vegetables.